The Online Pedagogical Resources of Educaloi
- Pedagogical activities
- Several tools to inform and educate college students on everyday legal issues.
Éducaloi - Savoir c'est pouvoir (version soirée-bénéfice 2013)
For a quality legal education
- Legal information
- Legal education
Tools created for teachers!
For future community workers
Several college-level programs are aimed at developing the professional skills and attitudes essential for intervening with various vulnerable clienteles. Among other things, future graduates of the Youth and Adult Correctional Intervention; Special Care Counselling and Social Service Programs might work with individuals who have legal issues or are the victims of crime. These community workers make access to justice easier, particularly for the most vulnerable.
Éducaloi, for example, on its ''Legal Information Tools for Community Workers'' page, offers legal information tools that teachers can choose from to guide students. The topics were chosen to help community workers understand the legal issues of vulnerable, marginalized or clients facing serious hardship.
- Sexual Violence
- People Dealing with Homelessness
- Indigenous Communities
- Young people and the criminal justice system (French only)
- Women and the criminal justice system (French only)
- Various guides and reports
- PowerPoint presentations
- Online training and Webinars (in French only)
Éducaloi’s YouTube Channel
- Is it a Crime? Common Situations involving Criminal Acts
- Separation: Myths and Realities
- The Law in Your Life
Teaching a second language
- A list of pedagogical activities using the materials available on the website
- Turnkey activities Using learning situations based on real life, these teaching guides help develop legal skills for daily life. They can be adapted to create your own learning activity. Éducaloi suggests you modify, add to, or delete pages in this guide according to how you want to proceed. Some texts are grouped together. You can ungroup them to modify the content. The guides do not include pages for vocabulary, grammar, etc., you might want to introduce or review with your students. You can add pages for this purpose.
- Added related content
- Pedagogical tools from other websites
- Additional resources Topics are current and deal with a wide range of law-related or legal rights issues and can be easily integrated into a variety of curricula:
- The Rights of Youth Here and Around the World
- A Right to Privacy
- Discrimination at School
Educational resources from partner organizations
- The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) offers turnkey educational activities for college students as well as a free 60-minute conference on the pitfalls in personal finance (courses in accounting, finance or economics).
- The teacher-instructions [in French] to an activity where students prepare a ‘roast’ of historical figures are available on The quebec national assembly toolbox (history or political science classes).