SALTISE Webinar — Part 2: Culturally Sustaining Classroom Assessment
SALTISE | Event
October 22 from 2:30 pm to 4 pm
Exploring how classroom formative and summative assessments can better serve diverse and minoritized learners.
This webinar will explore a new approach to classroom assessment that takes into account historical and continuing discrimination. We will explore the practical implications of the five design principles that currently make up the CSCA framework:
- support broad “transfer in” of diverse funds of knowledge and identity in discourse
- use sociopolitical controversies to problematize formative assessments
- reposition minoritized learners in feedback
- curb undue social authority to decenter dominant ways of knowing
- ensure equitable accountability by holding all students accountable for diverse ways of knowing.