Dare. Innovation at the college level
The 2014 conference program of the AQPC (Association québécoise de pédagogie collégiale) has just been released. There are a total of 128 workshops, including 5 major conferences, 2 round tables and 8 Rendez-vous, all exploring the theme DARE. Innovation at the College Level. The symposium will be held on June 3, 4 and 5, 2014 at Collège Montmorency (the host college) and its neighbor, the Campus of the Université de Montréal in Laval. No fewer than 35 workshops dealing directly with the use of ICT in colleges will be presented.
AQPC symposium poster – DARE. Innovation at the College Level
Innovation in form and in content is a feature of this year's AQPC Symposium
From the opening conference, innovation is front and center with the presence of three speakers instead of one. Filmmaker Martin Villeneuve will relate his experiences making the film Mars et Avril. It will be followed by René Bernèche, president of CREA-Québec, and Jean-Pierre Béchard, head of the Observatory of Educational Innovations in Management (Observatoire des innovations pédagogiques en gestion) at HEC. Each will give a short informal presentation, followed by interactions with the other speakers.
There are also a number of other conferences during the symposium as well:
- Laura Barbero-Switalski, a professor associated with the International Center for Studies in Creativity at Buffalo State, will present a lecture entitled 'Skills for the 21st Century: A Call for Creativity and Creative Leadership'.
- Nathalie Lafranchise, professor at Université du Québec à Montreal, will explore the challenges of the workplace as well as the benefits of mentoring within the context of educational innovation.
- Ann Mai Walder, a postdoctoral researcher at the University of California, Los Angeles wrote a doctoral thesis atUniversité de Montréal, on pedagogical innovation in higher education. She will present her main conclusions in her conference and then delve into detail afterwards in a workshop on the characteristics of pedagogical innovation.
- Finally, Yvon Fortin, founder of the Centre de démonstration en sciences physiques at Cégep Garneau, will conclude our reflections with an imaginative user manual for innovation.
Roundtables on Hot Topics
The symposium will include two large round tables. The first will focus on international and intercultural perspectives as sources of innovation in the curriculum. The second will focus on reaping the greatest benefits from collaboration between universities and colleges. The conference program includes several papers outlining the results of university-college collaborative projects.
In French or en anglais
The 5 lectures and 2 roundtables will be offered with simultaneous translation and 16 other workshops in English are in the program. Participants will be able to choose between 2 or 3 workshops in English during each time slot. Take a look at the comprehensive list of activities held in English.
A Strong Presence for ICT
Overall, the conference program contains 35 workshops specifically dealing with the use of ICT in education including the following:
- Presentations on new products.
- Accounts about using existing tools.
- Papers proposing new design tools for ICT products.
In addition, the program includes several papers dealing with the flipped classroom in technical training, in natural sciences and in French.
The unveiling of Profweb's new interface will be the subject of communications in both French and English!
In French only, the eight Rendez-vous in the program each offer two consecutive activities to fully explore a topic:
- Building communities of practice for academic advisors.
- Benefits of communities of practice for management development.
- Universal Design for Learning for success.
- Examples of secondary school-college cooperation.
- Productions of PERFORMA's masters level graduates.
- A continuing education model at PERFORMA.
- Experiments in college internationalization.
- High-fidelity clinical simulations.
Register online now!
Registration is now open. Consult the conference program online! The printed version will be distributed in colleges by mid-April. Register online for the conference during the month of April to take advantage of a very interesting discount.
Don't miss this year's exciting edition of the AQPC's annual gathering taking place in Laval from June 3-5!