PERFORMA is a partner dedicated to the professional development and training of teachers for IT proficiency. PERFORMA brings together a faculty of the Université de Sherbrooke and 61 college-level institutions.
The mission of PERFORMA is to support the professional development of college-level teaching personnel (teachers and academic counsellors) and the institutional pedagogical development of network members. In this regard, PERFORMA offers university-level accredited activities for the professional development of college teachers.
The PERFORMA pedagogical model advocates the development of customized training activities in response to needs expressed by teachers and identified by local representatives in all member colleges. This model also emphasizes short-term learning transfer in professional practice.
PERFORMA activities take the form of courses, seminars, workshops, labs, or tutoring activities that develop pedagogical approaches or teaching tools. PERFORMA training is adapted to the needs and teaching schedules of pedagogical personnel: activities take place face-to-face in member colleges or by means of online training.
All professional development activities offered are attached to one or more PERFORMA programs:
- CPEC: Certificat de 1er cycle de perfectionnement en enseignement collégial (30 credits)
- MEC: Masters degree in college teaching, offered in French and English (45 credits)
- DE: Diplôme de 2e cycle en enseignement au collégial (French only, 30 credits recognized for the MEC)
- MIPEC: Microprogramme de 2e cycle en insertion professionnelle en enseignement au collégial (15 credits recognized for the DE)
- MCPC: Microprogramme de 2e cycle en conseil pédagogique au collégial (offered in French only, 15 credits)
- GCCT: Graduate Certificate in College Teaching, undergraduate level miniprogram (offered in English only 15 credits recognized for the GDCT)
- GDCT : Graduate Diploma in College Teaching, undergraduate level diploma (30 credits recognized for the MEC)
PERFORMA is also involved in postgraduate level programs conducted by the education faculty of the Université de Sherbrooke.
PERFORMA also disseminates pedagogical resources. PERFORMA conducts projects, among others, related to the integration of technology, such as the following:
- PerformaTIC, a site for sharing ICT tools in compliance with educational foundations, under the supervision of Claude Martel
- Bernard Bérubé and Bruno Poellhuber (2005). Un référentiel de compétences technopédagogiques
- Christian Barrette (2005). Cadre opérationnel des formations PERFORMA visant le développement de la compétence à intégrer les TIC à sa pratique professionnelle
Note that a number of master’s theses related to ICT integration into college teaching are available from the Centre de documentation collégiale (CDC) website for consultation.
The PERFORMA Team
- Jules Bélanger
1 800 267-8337, ext. 62467
- Sawsen Lakhal
Assistant Professor, ICT Committee Member
819 821-8000, ext. 61029
Université de Sherbrooke
2500, boulevard de l’Université
Sherbrooke (Québec) J1K 2R1